A fireplace can be very beneficial to homeowners who live in cold climates. It creates a warmer place for the people in the home. Fireplaces also add value to your home. Installing one is considered as home improvement.
THE BEST TYPE OF FIREPLACE TODAY
You might already be finding ways to increase the overall value of your home. If adding a fireplace in your house has already come across your mind, then the very first thing you have to choose is which variety of fireplace would best fit your home.
There are modern types of fireplaces available today. Wood-burning fireplaces or the traditional ones usually create outdoor pollution problems. However, there are natural gas inserts and freestanding stoves that do not just cause pollution problems but also help maintain indoor air quality.
Gas fireplaces, including pellet stoves and gas stoves, are popular amongst today’s home owners in supplying reliable zone heating. Although gas prices are quite high lately, these modern fireplaces are still efficient heat sources. You can even save much more money from these gas inserts in the long run. You will definitely notice a significant price drop in your utility bills after some time. Gas fireplaces can efficiently heat up an entire room.
Since there are many kinds of fireplaces today, choosing the right one requires a lot of considerations. Here are the things that you have to keep in mind when picking a fireplace:
* Wood-burning fireplaces can only heat up an entire room for a few hours. They lose fire quicker than gas fireplaces. Aside from that, they also cause major air pollution to the outside air and can even affect the cleanliness of your home. If you currently have a wood-burning fireplace, you can simply improve it by using gas inserts while still keeping the classic style and design of the fireplace.
* When choosing a fireplace, you should also consider your location and the climate you live in. Large fireplaces are not necessary in hot areas because their use is generally for aesthetics purposes only. The age of your home is also another factor that you have to consider. Installing a fireplace in an old home may not be a wise decision. The best time to install a fireplace is during the construction of your home.
* If you need a fireplace for zone heating, it is best to install modern ones, such as gas inserts and pellet appliances. They are easy to install and user-friendly.
* Vent gas fireplaces should be installed near an outside wall. They need a source of air to keep the flame burning.
* Vent free fireplaces, on the other hand, do not need outside venting. However, this type of fireplace is not advisable for newly constructed home. They create condensation inside the home over a period of time.
* For the traditional types of fireplaces, class B vents are vital. Class B roof vents eliminate hot combustible gases out to open air. They usually utilize operable doors.
* Free standing stoves and fireplace inserts, such as pellet appliances are great for energy-efficient zone heating. Pellet appliance burn wood-based pellets that are made from compressed sawdust. Many companies produce this kind of waste product so getting a source of fuel for pellet appliances is just an easy task. Pellet appliance can also use alternative fuels, such as grains and corns, to heat up an entire room. Pellet appliances are best used in homes under cold climate conditions. Fuel resources during wintertime can become scarce.
If you want to increase the overall value of your home, you should consider adding a fireplace. Choosing a good fireplace is vital to getting all its benefits. Take serious consideration on the above factors so that you could make the right decision. You will definitely experience a whole new kind of living in your home once you get the right fireplace.